William Alexander Etzel
On October 14th, 2022, William Etzel was taken from us in a tragic motorcycle accident. He is preceded in death by his Meemaw, Joan Kindel, and is survived by his father, Tom Etzel, mother, Alice Etzel, and younger brother Thomas Etzel. William was simultaneously the life of every party without taking attention away from the important things, as kind and gentle as he was adventurous, and a more steadfast friend, son, and brother than any of us feel we deserved. He could always be found surrounded by others, laughing, joking, or telling stories. He had such a thirst for knowledge that if you piqued his interest in any subject, he would be an expert on the matter within the next 24 hours, and he was so generous that he would share any challenge and shoulder any burden for complete strangers. No words will ever successfully describe the light and joy he brought into the lives of every person he met, or the loss we feel with his absence. We will always love and remember you bubba, and I will carry you in my heart and memories for the rest of my life. So few people can be so fortunate as to have someone like you be their brother.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
Darst Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
1 thought on “William Alexander Etzel”
William was the little boy Next door that I watched grow up into an extraordinary young man that he became. He was always very respectful to his parents and to all he came in contact with. He was always there with a helping hand and will be greatly missed. When my late husband was sick, Will would take JP’s motorcycle out and run it for him. He ran it for me afterwards out of the kindness of his heart. He was such a happy and a kind hearted man.