Ted Daniel was born on September 16, 1958 in Pontiac, Michigan and passed away on Thursday, March 30, 2023, in Montgomery, Texas. Ted was the 2nd of 4 siblings. Older sister Terry Peardon and 2 younger brothers, Tim Daniel (Jeannie) of Knoxville, TN and Mitchell Daniel of Lancing, TN who has since passed on. His family later moved to Keego Harbor, Michigan where Ted graduated from West Bloomfield High in 1976. Ted moved to Texas in 1980 and welcomed two sons with his first wife; Nicholas Boyd Daniel born in 1984 who went onto heaven in 2003 and Aaron Phillip Daniel born in 1987. He was preceded in death by his beloved mother Dorothy Mae DeVault in 1984.
After moving to Texas, Ted began a career at Frito Lay where he worked and retired after 36 years. Ted also enjoyed golfing, boating, and Formula One racing in his spare time.
Ted and Linda met in the spring of 2001, fell in love and were married on November 23, 2002. They lived in Montgomery, Texas and spent 20 years happily married. Ted was a faithful man of God known for his adventurous and fun loving personality. Ted and Linda enjoyed yearly vacations to the beaches of Destin, Florida, where they recently renewed their vows along side their beloved family. Ted loved his family and they created many loving memories. Ted was fun, caring, dependable and a jokester. Ted will be forever missed by all.
He is survived by his wife Linda Daniel, his son, Aaron Daniel (Kara), his stepdaughters Melissa Nelson (PJ), Michelle Ihnen (Kevin), and Mikka Thiem (Justin).
Ted was especially proud of their 11 grandchildren, Kaylee and Dylan Golson, Payton and Tyler Nelson, Blake Daniel, Macie, Kole and Kase Ihnen, Caleb Guzman, Rylee and Norah Thiem. All of which thought the world of their Grandpa Ted.
Ted will be dearly missed by not only his family but countless members of extended family and friends.
A visitation will be held on Friday, April7, 2023 at 12 pm with a funeral service to follow at 1 pm at Darst Funeral Home, 796 Russell Palmer Road, Kingwood, Texas 77339. Interment will follow at Calvary Hill Cemetery.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference