Morelock, Mary N
Mary Nell Morelock, age 94, a native of Greene County, Tennessee passed away peacefully on September 25, 2016 at The Woodlands Healthcare Center, The Woodlands, TX. She was preceded in death by her parents, Rufus K. and Myrtle Williams; husband, Horace Morelock; son, Ray Morelock; daughter, Carol Pickens; and grandson Art Pickens. She is survived by one sister, Alice Freeman of Kingsport, TN; grandchildren: Jason and Jeff Pickens, Sherrie Weigel, and Mary Ann Willison; 11 great grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. The family would like to recognize the staff of The Woodlands Healthcare Center, and especially Robert, for their extraordinary love and compassionate care during her time there.
Mary Nell was employed in the Accounting Department of Goodyear Tire & Rubber in Akron, Ohio until retirement. She and her husband were avid antique collectors in the Uniontown, Ohio area and specialized in Blue Ridge pottery. Following her husband’s death, she moved to Parkersburg, West Virginia and later to Cleveland, Texas. Mary loved her family and friends and never met a stranger. Her quick wit and good humor was a joy to all that knew her. She will be deeply missed.
The family will receive friends on Thursday, September 29, 2016 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Darst Funeral Home in Kingwood, TX. A funeral service will follow. Burial will be held Monday, October 3rd at 10:00 a.m. at Mt. Olivet Cemetery in Parkersburg, WV.
Visitation: A visitation was held on 2016-09-30 at Darst Funeral Home.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference