McCright, George W
George William McCright, a U.S. Air Force veteran and successful realtor and mortgage broker, died of a heart attack Thursday afternoon, April 5 at Kingwood Medical Center in Kingwood. He was 79.
George was born Feb. 9, 1939 in Sand Springs, Oklahoma, to Floyd and Oma Belle McCright. He grew up in northeast Texas and graduated from Wolfe City High School in 1957.
He joined the Air Force in September 1961 and met his wife, Carolyn “Betsy” McCright, at the Barksdale Air Force Base chow hall in 1963. They were married for 54 years.
After leaving the Air Force in 1965, George spent the next 22 years as a successful realtor and mortgage broker in Carmichael, California, and Portland, Oregon.
George moved to Kingwood in 1987 to continue his work as a mortgage broker before he retired in 1996. He spent his retirement as an avid golfer at the Kingwood Country Club and poker player, and he enjoyed spending time with his family, including four grandchildren, and close friends.
George is survived by his wife, Betsy; sister, Oma Jean Hollis of Fort Worth; daughter Lisa Grubenhoff and her husband, Philip, of Mansfield; son Steven McCright and his wife, Rebecca, of Rocklin, California; grandchildren Samuel and Jason Grubenhoff and Mason and Madeline McCright.
Per George’s request, no services will be held. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Wounded Warrior Project.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference