Lowney, James H
James H. Lowney, 81, died peacefully on December 19, 2018 at his home in Houston, TX following a long illness. He leaves his beloved wife of 58 years, Marilyn (Tikkanen) Lowney, son, James C. Lowney, a grandson, Jaydon Santos of Bremerton, WA, son-in-law, Gene Bronson of Maplewood, MN, his brothers, William Lowney (Karen Callan) of Missoula, MT, John E. Lowney, of Helena, MT and a sister, Jeanne Lowney of Anaconda, MT as well as several nieces and nephews, and grand nieces and nephews. His daughter, Lynette Renee Bronson, preceded in 2016. Born in Butte Montana on June 26, 1937, Jim was the eldest of four children of James P. Lowney and Lucile Maillet. After graduating in 1955 from Anaconda Central High School, he attended Carroll College in Helena, MT graduating in 1959. He received a NDEA fellowship to Arizona State University where he was awarded a master’s degree in 1964. During his career as an Education Services Officer for the U.S. Air Force, Jim and his family resided in Mountain Home, ID., Plattsburgh, NY., Thailand Turkey and Greece and traveled extensively throughout Asia and Europe. Jim was involved with various civic organizations such as the Kiwanis Club, Literacy Volunteers Youth Planning Commission and Boy Scouts, Lions International, The Elks, and was also a Fourth Degree Member of the Knights of Columbus. Jim was deeply proud of being a Montanan and, despite living abroad for a good number of years, always found time to return to his family and friends in Montana. He will be remembered for his unending enthusiasm for travel as well as discovering the newest and trendiest restaurants anywhere. Over the years, Jim enjoyed attending concerts, plays and cultural festivals in Houston and was an annual participant at the yearly Greek festival.
Visitation: A visitation was held on 2018-12-28 at St. James Catholic Church.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference