Leonard Charles Lalowski Sr.
Leonard Charles Lalowski, Sr. was born on April 6, 1937, in Detroit, Michigan, and was greeted by his Lord and Savior at Heaven’s gates on February 24, 2023. He was a house painter by trade and also worked for Union Pacific, as well as painted oilfield equipment. He loved his dog, Jill. Leonard was a gentle and quiet man. He always had a smile and would help anyone in need. Leonard always put others before himself and was always there for his children. Leonard loved his family, especially his daughter-in-law, Mary Lalowski. Leonard always enjoyed his quick road trips with Mary. He served in the United States Air Force from 1952 to 1954. Leonard met his loving wife, Lucy, while stationed at Barksdale AFB, Louisiana, and were married for 59 years. Leonard is preceded in death by his wife, Lucille Barbara (Robbins) Lalowski, his infant son, and his son, Leonard Charles Lalowski, Jr., his mother, Vivian Ann and father, Adam Lalowski, of Michigan; sister, Marlene, and brother, Edward Lalowski and wife, Carol Sue of Michigan. Leonard is survived by his son, Louis Edward Lalowski, and wife Mary, of Shepherd, Texas; daughter, Barbara Ann Pappas, and husband, Ronald Pappas, of Wichita Falls, Texas; granddaughter Faith Sawdey and husband, Bruce Sawdey, of Tarkington, Texas; granddaughter, Hope Shatto, of Wichita Falls, Texas; brother, Dennis Lalowski and wife, Barbara Jean, of Michigan; step-daughter, Bree and grand-stepdaughter, Kenzie, along with many nieces and nephews. Leonard will be interred at Zion Rest Cemetery in Pelican, Louisiana.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
Darst Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
1 thought on “Leonard Charles Lalowski Sr.”
Barbara and family, what a wonderful man he must have been! Please know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of your friends.