Judy Melinda Germain
Judy Melinda Germain, 46, died in Houston, Texas, on February 20, 2022. She was born in Garden City, Michigan on September 27, 1975, to Gerald Germain and Barbara Cohea, who both precede her in death. She attended Foster Elementary, Kingwood Middle School, and Kingwood High School. After graduation, Judy served in the United States Air Force, for two years. At 21, Judy was diagnosed with Bipolar 1 disorder. Unfortunately, she had already started self-medication, prior to the diagnosis. This led to drug addiction and alcohol abuse that plagued her the rest of her life. Judy was loved by everyone that met her. Judy would say her greatest accomplishment in life was the birth of her two sons, Emmory Leach and John “Johnny” Barrow, Jr. She was the kind of person that could make something out of nothing. Judy was warmhearted, beautiful inside and out, had a contagious smile, was open minded and affectionate. She loved live music, meeting new people, traveling, but most of all she loved being with her family and friends. Judy is survived by her two sons, Emmory Leach and John “Johnny” Barrow, Jr; ex-husband Sean Leach; ex-fiancés John Barrow, Sr, Christopher Lasley; siblings Tracy Bradley, Gerald Germain, Sr; nephews Corte Shotwell, Sage Germain, Kaell Shotwell; nieces Kelan Shotwell, Cymri Shotwell, Trinity Germain; great nieces Charlee Jones, Alexis Shotwell; numerous other relatives and a host of loving friends. Preceded in death niece Kylar Shotwell; Godparents Jim and Jo Odom. Visitation, service and reception will be from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 5th, 2022, at Darst Funeral Home, 796 Russell Palmer Rd., Kingwood, Texas 77339.
A visitation, funeral service and reception will be held for Judy on Saturday March 5, 2022 at Darst Funeral Home.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
Darst Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
2 thoughts on “Judy Melinda Germain”
Praying for your family to find peace knowing that Judy is with the Lord.
We are praying that God keeps your family in his loving embrace right now.