James Augustus Spurlock
James Augustus Spurlock, 90, passed away peacefully at his home with his family at his side. He was born in Houston, Tx on December 15, 1932 to JB and Augusta Spurlock who both precede him in death.
James is survived by his best friend and loving wife of 42 yrs, Deborah Spurlock; children, Mimi (Traci), Randy (Phillip), Ronny (Neal), Kyle (Lucy), Laura; six grandchildren, Chuck, J.D, Jerica, Daniel James, Jack, and Bella Cao-Spurlock; One great-grandson, Cameron; numerous other relatives and a host of loving friends.
A celebration of life service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 11, 2023 at Kingwood Bible Church with Gregg Van Kampen officiating.
Celebration of life service will be at 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 11, 2023 at Kingwood Bible Church, 3610 W Lake Houston Parkway, Kingwood, Tx 77339. (281)360-5231
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference