Dennis, Guinn R
Guinn Ray Dennis, known by his family and friends as “Ray”, has passed away in San Antonio, Texas on Sunday, January 13, 2019 at the age of 65. After a long battle with cancer, at approximately 5:00 pm, he left the arms of his loved ones and was welcomed into the arms of his Lord for an eternity of peace.rn
Ray was born on January 8, 1954 in Tyler, Texas, the only child of parents Guinn and Faithe (maiden name McDonald). He joined the Marine Corps in April 1972 and served his country all over the world until his honorable discharge in September 1976. After his service, he settled back in Texas, started a family, and enjoyed a long career as a master glass cutter and finisher. In his retirement years, Ray enjoyed long drives on Texas country roads, collecting historical artifacts, and watching old western and sci-fi movies while eating bowls of Blue Bell ice cream with his wife, Dennis, and his dog, Mercy, whom he lovingly called his “Sweeties”.rn
Ray is survived by his devoted wife, Darda; his daughter, Sabrina and her children with Kris: Christian, Kaela, and Alex; and his son, Jason. He is also survived by his wife’s children: Kayla, her husband, Stephen, and their children Canon, Honor, and Truly; Ruth, her husband, David, and their children Elijah and Ezrah; and Jeremy and his wife, Krina.rn
A memorial ceremony to honor Ray’s life will take place at Humble First Assembly of God on Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 10:00 am, with a luncheon following for family members. A burial ceremony with military honors will take place at the Houston National Cemetery on Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 2:30 pm. Donations for the family may be made to the Guinn Ray Dennis Memorial Fund at gofundme.com/raydennis.rn
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary but what is unseen is eternal. – 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Funeral: A memorial service was held on 2019-01-19 at Humble First Assembly of God Church.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference