Deitz, Norman R
Norman Richard Deitz, 81, of Kingwood, Texas passed away Sunday, November 5, 2017. He was born June 21, 1936 in Dorset, Ohio to Reese and Naomi Deitz who both precede him in death. Norman joined the Air Force and served as a chief flight mechanic from 1954-1958. He then returned to Ohio and worked for Reactive Metals until 1970 when he moved to Texas. While in Texas he worked for Tenex as the plant superintendent until it closed in 1977. He then worked for AMF Tuboscobe as the facilities manager until taking an early retirement in 1994. He then worked for Brown and Root in the tool room until finally retiring in 2000. Norman was an avid bowler, golfer and loved traveling with his “Booze Cruise” buddies. Norman was the Ohio State Golden Glove Champion in 1955. His happiest times were when he was spending it with family and friends from playing games, traveling, eating, drinking and just being close with loved ones. He was full of life and made friends wherever he went and with whoever.
Norman was also preceded in death by his brothers, Robert Deitz and Larry Deitz; sisters, Francis Marion Hall and Jean Scott. He is survived by his loving wife of almost 50 years, Kathy Deitz; children, Debbie Anderson and husband Dale, Craig Deitz and wife Jane, Theresa Labute and son-in-law James, James Deitz, Terry Deitz and daughter-in-law Christina, Elizabeth Deitz, Neal Deitz and wife Shannon; brother, John Deitz and wife Zan; 18 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren.
A visitation will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Friday, November 10, 2017 at Kingwood United Methodist Church. Funeral services will be at 11:30 a.m., Friday, November 10, 2017 at Kingwood United Methodist Church. A reception will follow immediately following the service at the church.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to SmileTrain.org; Houston MS Association, NationalMSSociety.org/HoustonChapter.
Visitation: A visitation was held on 2017-11-10 at Kingwood United Methodist Church.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference