Dan E. Coots
Dan E. Coots, of New Caney, TX, passed away at his home on June 24, 2022, in the arms of his wife, with his dogs by his side. He succumbed to Stage 3 liver cancer after a valiant battle with the disease.
Dan leaves behind the Love of his Life, Sara M Coots, New Caney, TX, as well as his son, Jesse Coots, Livingston, TX, from a previous marriage, his sisters: Sarah (Herbert) Bode, Raymondville, TX, Shirley (Jerry) Cecil, New Haven, KY and Laura (Martin) Kneiss of Houston, TX. He has numerous nieces, nephews, cousins whom he loves dearly. He was pre-deceased by his parents, John Coots and Ruth Carter Coots, as well as a brother Paul Coots.
Dan was a Army Veteran, serving from 1970-1973 staying Stateside during his enlistment, mainly at Hunter Liggett Base in CA. He was an avid Biker, riding his Harley as often as he could. He traveled extensively with his work as a welder, making friends everywhere he went.
He retired in July of 2019, diagnosed with cancer in October of the same year. He came back with a vengeance and was in remission for almost 18 months, happily doing welding jobs for local businesses and friends and neighbors. He was an artist with a welding rod.
Celebration of Life service will be held Saturday, July 2, 2022, from 9 AM-11 AM at Darst Funeral Home, Kingwood, TX.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
4 thoughts on “Dan E. Coots”
Our Dear Sara,
Although our hearts are heavy, please know you are in our thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time. We hope and pray that his wonderful memories bring you peace and comfort.
Joe & Julie Campbell
My deepest sympathy to all of the family. It’s been a long time since we have seen each other but still remember childhood memories growing up in the valley.
Love you sister girl. I’m so blessed and grateful you came into my life. Sharing our lives will always be something I cherish. Your memories of your Dan are going to be a gift that keep on giving. Dan will forever be watching over you and the doggies.
In His Hands,
Sara, I only heard of Dan’s passing yesterday. I send much love and prayers to you and Jesse. God bless and comfort you.