Corrigan, Walter E
Dr. Walter Elliott Corrigan of Huffman, Texas formerly of Toms River New Jersey passed away August 27, 2017 at his home.
Walter was born on October 20, 1922 to Frank and Mae Corrigan of Hoboken N.J.
He was predeceased in death by his beloved first wife, Helen Frances, Son John,and 3 grandchildren Steven, Michael and Kathleen Corrigan.
Walter is survived by his wife Antoinette, five sons Edmund Esq; Rev. Mr. Walter Jr;
David Esq; Dr. Francis and Robert, 4 stepchildren Dr. Teresa Maharaj, Mark Dawson, Frederick, and Michelle Kane. He was blessed with 27 grandchildren and 12 great grandchildren.
During WW2 he served his country in the Army Medical Corps. After discharge he attended Hahnemann Medical College, Philadelphia Pa. where he received M.D. and H.M.D degrees.
Having been recalled during the Korean War and served as Capt. Of Medical Groups in the USAF.
Upon discharge he entered private practice in Toms River N.J.
He served as a member of the Board of Trustees and President of the Medical Dental Staff at Community Medical Center, Toms River, also served as President of the O.C. Medical Society and Delegate to the N.J Medical Society.
He was the Ocean County Medical Examiner from 1970 until retirement in 1990, and also the Chief Medical Officer of the Ocean County Jail from 1970 until 1984.
Walter was a member of the Ocean County Medical Society, N.J Medical Society, Knights of Columbus, American Legion, and parishioner of St. Joseph’s R.C. Church In Toms River, N.J.
After moving to Texas he became a devout parishioner St. Philip the Apostle R.C. church in Huffman, Texas.
In lieu of flowers donations to St. Philip the Apostle R.C. Church can be considered
Visitation: A visitation was held on 2017-09-04 at Darst Funeral Home.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference