Thomas Francis Clark, born November 26, 1945 to Francis and Mary Zens Clark in Columbus, Ohio, passed away September 19, 2013 in Houston, Texas.
Tom was a humble, loving, caring, and wonderful husband to his wife, Phyl, and the best Dad in the world to his son, Garrett. He enjoyed golfing and spending time with friends and family. AND he was an expert on artists and their music from the 50’s and 60’s. Tom proudly served his country in the United States Air Force. Most engineers have a dry sense of humor, and Tom, being an engineer, was no different. He earned high honors in Engineering from the University of Colorado and was very dedicated to his profession. Over the years, he mentored many engineers to become successful in their careers. Tom was on the Board of Directors for THE ARC, a program to support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and was very involved with son, Garrett’s schools and activities.
Tom is preceded in death by his son, Garrett Clark. He is survived by his wife of 46 years, Phyllis Clark; sister, Florence Clark; brothers-in-law, Ron Elge (Colleen) and Lynn Degenhart (Susan); nieces, Penni Mesko, Nikki Powell, Zoe Kanan, and Gretchen Wiebe; nephews, Ray Kanan, Tim Elge, and Nicholas Degenhart.
The family will celebrate Tom’s life with a Memorial Service on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. in the Gardens of Darst Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorial gifts in Tom’s honor, to Texas Children’s Hospital, 1919 South Braeswood, Suite 5214, Houston, TX 77030.
Funeral: A celebration of life was held on 2013-09-24 at Darst Funeral Home.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference