Catherine Ann Silk
Catherine “Cathy” Ann Silk (nee Kilcullen) was born June 20, 1950 in Brooklyn, NY to Martin Kilcullen and Catherine Flaherty. Cathy passed away on September 15, 2022 at her home in Kingwood, TX surrounded by family.
She was a resident of Kingwood, TX for over 40 years. She was a wonderful and loving wife, mother, and grandmother and a fantastic friend to all who knew her. Her contagious laugh (that she famously passed on to her children) will reverberate through all of our hearts forever. From generously opening the home for prayer groups to parishioners at St Martha’s to joyously decorating the offices she occupied of Insperity for over 20 years, to an enormity of indescribably boundless memories her family shares, her absence will hurt, but her presence will always be felt.
She is survived by her husband of 47 years, Ian Silk; her daughters Valerie (Lindsay Silk-Kremenak), Maureen, and Catherine (Jody McCarty); grandchildren, Collin and Emily; siblings Maryellen McGuinn and Stephen Kilcullen in addition to numerous nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be held at Darst Funeral Home (796 Russell Palmer Rd, Kingwood, TX 77339) on Wednesday, September 21 from 5pm-7pm. Mass of Christian burial will be held at St. Martha Catholic Church, Holy Family Chapel (4301 Woodridge Pkwy, Porter, TX 77365) on Thursday, September 22 at 10:30am. Interment followed at Rosewood Cemetery in Humble, TX.
For those desiring, the family suggests memorial contributions be made to Shriner’s Hospital for Children.
A visitation will be held from 5:00 p.m. to 7 p.m., Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at Darst Funeral Home with a rosary will be recited at 6:00 p.m.
Funeral mass will be held at 10:30 a.m., Thursday, September 22, 2022 at St. Martha’s Catholic Church followed by a graveside service at Rosewood Memorial Park Humble.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
2 thoughts on “Catherine Ann Silk”
Cathy was a dear and special friend I will treasure always. May God bless and keep her safe in His loving arms. Sending love and prayers for peace and comfort to her family.
Sending love and payers for peace and comfort to her family and friends.