Carol Ann Skains
With profound sadness we announce the passing of Carol Ann Skains, on November 7, 2022, after many long battles with chronic pain and illness. She was 78 years old.
It would be wrong to say that Carol lost her battle because she never stopped fighting. No matter how sick or in pain she was, she was always determined. When anyone else would have broken, Carol remained strong. Through her, we know what courage and strength truly look like. Her joy for life and spirit kept her pushing through the pain. Just because she is no longer here, it doesn’t mean she lost her fight.
Carol worked at Heights Hospital as a PBX operator for 23 years and received numerous Employee of the Month Awards. She always went out of her way to help someone, whether employee or patient. Talking and comforting was her specialty. She never met a stranger.
Carol is survived by her husband, Robert Skains of 53 years. Daughter, Tammy Lummus and husband Jack of Cypress, TX and son J.R. Skains and wife Donna of Corsicana, TX. Four grandchildren, Michael Jones JR, Brittany Etheridge, Mallory Skains and James Skains. Five Great-Grandchildren, Colby and Cassidy Jones, Hannah Brewer, Connor and Ronan Etheridge.
As per moms wishes, she wanted to be cremated. A Celebration of Life will be held at Darst Funeral Home, at 11:00 on Thursday, November 17, 2022. In Lieu of flowers, we ask that you keep her memory alive in your hearts.
A Celebration of Life will be held at Darst Funeral Home, at 11:00 on Thursday, November 17, 2022. In Lieu of flowers, we ask that you keep her memory alive in your hearts.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
2 thoughts on “Carol Ann Skains”
I’ll always remember my sweet Aunt Carol and her trips to Waco to see my grandma. We loved her trips and the time we got to spend with her it was never enough. I have so many beautiful memories of her and I will miss her so much. Fly high beautiful and give Elvis hell! I love you!!
My family was so Blessed to have her as a much loved family member. Her memory will be kept alive here in Waco. The world is dimmer now that she is gone.