Burns, Tommy R
Tommy Burns, age 56, left this world to be with the Lord on Friday, September 9, 2016 in Houston, Texas. Tommy was born in Orlando, Florida on September 27, 1959. He is preceded by his parents, Georgia Nell Burns and Robert William Burns. He is survived by his wife, Connie Lou Burns, son Robert Patrick Burns, and daughters Amy Jo Breland and Tashauna Marie Burns.
Also survived by brother, Bob Burns, and sisters, Jeanne Hensley and Barbara Bonario.
Tommy was married to his wife, Connie Burns, for 39 years. Though time were tough most of their marriage, they stuck by each other. He loved her deeply.
Tommy struggled with alcoholism for most of his life, however, he helped many people in their path to recovery when he was sober. He loved his family; especially his grandkids.
Tommy was a dog lover. He idolized Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Visitation: A visitation was held on 2016-09-19 at Darst Funeral Home.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference