Allen Wayne Layson
Allen W. Layson, 73, beloved husband, father, brother, and uncle passed away from cancer on the morning of Monday, January 24, 2022. He was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1948, and his family moved to Texas shortly afterward. There, they met the Odoms, and the two families became close as their children grew up together. Allen was drafted into the army where he met great people and learned many new things while stationed in Japan. After serving his years in the reserves, he received an honorable discharge from military service. In 1970 he married the love of his life, Brenda Odom, and in 1974 they got their only child, a son. Allen worked hard all his life doing welding and carpentry, among other jobs. He will be dearly missed by all who knew and loved him.
He is survived by his wife, Brenda; his son, Bobby; and numerous family members and a host of loving friends.
A visitation will be held at 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at Darst Funeral Home Chapel, 796 Russell Palmer Rd., Kingwood, Texas 77339. Funeral services will follow at 12 noon. Graveside services will be held later that afternoon at 2:15 p.m. at Houston National Cemetery, 10410 Veterans Memorial Dr., Houston, Texas 77038.
A joint visitation will be Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 11 AM at Darst Funeral Home 796 Russell Palmer Rd., Kingwood, TX 77339 with funeral services to follow at noon.
Allen will be laid to rest with his beloved wife, Brenda, at 2:15 PM on February 2, 2022 at Houston National Cemetery.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference