Alice Spencer went to join the lord on February 10th, 2023. Alice was born on November 14th, 1926 in Amity, Arkansas to Sephus and Flora Mae Proctor Denton, where she was the fifth of seven children. After graduating Amity High School, Alice remained as a homemaker until she passed. Alice was married to Dewey Massey in 1946, and following his passing, married Tom Spencer in 1956 while in Houston, Texas. She lived in Houston for a large portion of her life and attended Houston’s First Baptist Church there. She and Tom were active members of the Sunday School Class of 300 and were known to be incredibly loving to the people they attended it with. Alive was known to be incredibly caring to others, and gregarious; never did she meet a stranger she couldn’t talk with happily. She also loved to sing in a group, travel and organize social events. She adored old-time gospel music, and she will be remembered fondly. Alice is preceded in death by her husbands Dewey Massey and Tom Spencer; brothers, S.A. Denton, and John (Sonny) Denton; and sisters, Geneva Daniels, and Jane Warnell. Alice is survived by her son Russ Massey; daughter-in-law Rosemary Massey; siblings, Ann Partridge and Bob Denton; Niece, Pat Walker; Grandchildren, Jaimie Crump, and Ryan Massey; and numerous great-grandchildren, nieces, and nephews. A private, family-only memorial service will be held in the home of her sister in Deer Park where she lived the last four years of her life. Saturday, March 18, 2023, 2:00pm. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to: Be An Angel 2003 Aldine Bender Rd., Houston, TX 77032 www.beanangel.org
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
Darst Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference