Affleck, Mary A
Mary Ann Affleck passed away on Friday, January 4, 2019. She was a cherished and devoted mother and grandmother, who frequently expressed her greatest joy was her family; she often spoke proudly of her daughters, their spouses and grandsons. Born in New Castle, PA, she was the youngest of five children. She went on to work for Air Canada and United Air Lines, before starting her own interior design company.
After marrying the love of her life Robert W. Affleck, they lived in Cleveland, Ohio, Buffalo, New York, and Chicago Illinois, before settling in Houston, Texas in 1979. Together and as a family, they became life-long travelers. She had been a member of St. Martha Catholic Community for the past 40 years.
She is survived by her daughters Kristen Varela and husband Edward, and Meaghan Roosma and husband Mark. She was blessed with four grandsons Wilkes and Alexander Varela, and Tyler and Matthew Roosma. She is preceded in death by her husband Robert, of 55 years.
A Funeral mass will be celebrated at 1:30 p.m. on Friday, January 25, 2019 at St. Martha Catholic Church, 4301 Woodridge Parkway, Porter, TX 77365.
She was loved and adored by many friends, and we are so grateful for the love and support shown to our Mom. Nana, we miss you terribly, and will love you forever.
Funeral: A funeral Mass was held on 2019-01-25 at St. Martha Catholic Church.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference