Parr, Larry W.
Larry Wayne Parr passed away on Monday, September 6th, 2021 at 76 years old in a hospital in Montgomery County. He was born September 8th, 1944 in St Joseph’s Hospital in Houston, TX to the late Raymond Lee and Maggie (Beesan) Parr. He graduated from Jefferson Davis High School in Houston. Larry worked as a fire and burglary alarm technician at McCane and Sondack Company. He was a member of Grace United Methodist Church. One of his greatest enjoyments in life was taking his wife country dancing. Later in life, he enjoyed reading, NASCAR, and had a love for motor vehicles.
In addition to his parents, he is preceded in death by his elder sister Dorothy M. (Parr) Edmundson and husband Frank, brother Donald L. Parr and wife Bettie, and his youngest of two sisters JoAnn (Parr) Holtkamp and husband O.Jerry Holtkamp Jr..
Larry is survived by his wife, Linda L. Parr of 34 years, nephews Robert Edmundson and wife Gwen, Rick Edmundson and wife Kim of Georgia, Ronnie Parr and wife Rhonda of Kentucky, nieces Cherie (Parr) Johnson and husband Mike of Needville, Belinda of Porter, and Karen of Hungerford, TX; numerous other nieces and nephews and a host of loving friends and family.
The family requests that all family and friends bring a mask for the services.
There will be a visitation for Larry on Wednesday, September 15, 2021 from 10:00am -12:00pm in the Darst Funeral Home Chapel. There will be a funeral service to follow at 12:00pm at Darst Funeral Home. Graveside services will be held on Thursday, September 16, 2021 at Brookside Funeral Home and Cemetery at 10:00am. 13747 Eastex Fwy, Houston, TX 77039
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference