Gilmore, Margaret B.
Margaret Breland Gilmore, age 91, passed away on May 27, 2021. Funeral services were held at Kingwood First Baptist Church, Kingwood, Texas, on Wednesday, June 2, 2021. Interment took place in Oakwood Cemetery, Waco, on June 4th at 2:00 pm.
Margaret Gilmore was born in Mart, Texas, on March 8, 1930, to Ross and Cornelia Breland. Margaret graduated in 1947 from Shamrock High School. She graduated from Baylor University in 1951 with a Bachelor of Science in Home Economics Education.
While teaching in Odessa, she met Earl C. Gilmore, Jr. They married on August 14, 1954, and moved to De Leon, Texas. Earl’s work took them to other cities and states, but most of their years were spent in Bryan/College Station. In 2012 they moved from there to the Houston area, where most of their children and grandchildren live.
Wherever she lived, Margaret was active in Baptist churches—as a Sunday School teacher and in missions activities, including programs for wives of international students. Community activities included school events, Girl Scouts, Campfire Girls, Meals on Wheels, and the American Cancer Society.
Margaret is survived by three children, Larry Gilmore, John Gilmore, and Shelley Taylor, and their spouses; nine grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and one niece. She was preceded in death by her parents, her brother, a sister-in-law, a nephew, and Earl.
Memorials may be made to the Building Fund at Kingwood First Baptist Church, to the Baptist Student Ministry at Texas A&M University, or to the charity of one’s choice
A funeral service will be held at Kingwood First Baptist Church, Kingwood, Texas, on Wednesday, June 2, 2021, at 3:00 p.m., with visitation beforehand at 2:00 p.m. Interment will be in Oakwood Cemetery, Waco, on June 4th at 2:00 pm.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
2 thoughts on “Gilmore, Margaret B.”
Aunt Margaret was an amazing person. I wish I could have been there with all of you. Luv ya all ❤️
It has been a blessing having Margaret as a dear friend. She will be missed.