Core, Eugene H.
Eugene Howard Core, of Kingwood, Texas, was born on August 21, 1935 in West Liberty, Ohio. He passed away peacefully on February 18, 2021 and leaves behind many loved ones and a host of friends and family.
Eugene was the only child of Howard Russell Core and Mildred Evelyn Smith. He was the Valedictorian at West Liberty Hight School and later went on to attending Bowling Green State University, where he earned a Bachelor’s Degree in science. After graduation, Eugene joined the Army, following his service in the ROTC, and completed four years’ service to his country and earned the rank of Lieutenant Eugene Howard Core. Once he returned, he then went to Indiana University and received his Master’s in Art. Eugene also was a member of the Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity.
Eugene married the love of his life, Loretta Ann Shuff, on June 4, 1966 in Basile, Louisiana. The most important even in Eugene’s life was when he adopted his two children Jason, and Candice. He received The Profession of Faith at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Tyler, Texas in April of 1980 and was a devout member of St. Martha’s Catholic Church, in Kingwood, Texas. He was a Eucharistic Minister and often volunteered for HAAM, Humble Area Assistance Ministries, in Humble, Texas, for seven years.
Eugene was a collector of many things, coins specifically, but you could often find him reading, working on a puzzle, tending to his garden, or volunteering because of his love for helping others. He enjoyed music and was particularly fond of instrumental and classic music. Of the many things Eugene has done in his life, his legacy will live on through the kindness he displayed to others and the loyalty and faith to his church and family.
Eugene is survived by his loving wife of 54 years, Loretta; son, Jason; daughter, Candice Eugenie Core Hammers; son in law, Dax Hammers; and four wonderful grandchildren, Caroline, Jacob, Camille, and Joshua.
A funeral mass will be held for Mr. Core on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 2:00 PM at St. Martha’s Catholic Church.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference