Macakanja, Robert N.
Robert Nicholas Macakanja, 77, of Kingwood, TX passed away on Sunday, January 3, 2021. Bob was born on January 26, 1943 in Lackawanna, NY. Bob served his Country in the United States Army from ’68-’72, including a tour of duty in Vietnam before being Honorably Discharged in 1972. In 1973 he married his wife, Liz, and together they raised two wonderful sons, Michael and Bryan. Bob attended Canisius College, Buffalo, NY, before starting his printing career at Kenmore Colorplate, Kenmore, NY. Through various company acquisitions Bob was relocated to Houston, TX, where he worked as a Sales Representative for American Color Graphics, a printing company affiliated with the Houston Chronicle, before retiring after 42 years in the printing industry. Bob was preceded in death by his father Milan, and his mother, Lorraine (Conley). He is survived by his wife, Liz, his two sons, Michael and Bryan, his grandchildren Micah, Kayleigh, and Kaiden; his brother Richard Macakanja, of Amherst, NY; and several nieces and nephews. Graveside services will be held at 1:45 p.m., Thursday, February 18, 2021 at Houston National Cemetery. In lieu of flowers donations can be made to a local chapter of the Alzheimer’s & Dementia Association.
A graveside service will be held at 1:45 p.m., Thursday, February 18, 2021 at Houston National Cemetery, Houston, Texas.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
Darst Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference