Lawrence Poole was born on June 5, 1957 in Portland Maine as the eldest child to Lawrence and Beverly Poole. They lived in Ellsworth, Maine for a short time, then moved to Connecticut. He graduated High School in Derby, CT in 1976. In 1978 he married Margie Rueda, the girl next door and his high school sweetheart. Together they have 3 children, Crystal, David and Robert (Alex). Four grandchildren Justin, Julianna, and Sebastian Scully and Nathan Zawadka. Lawrence graduated from the Police Academy in the 80’s and served on the Derby Auxiliary Police force. He was an active member and supporter of his home church Shelton Congregation and served as a Sunday School Teacher and Youth Group Leader. He enjoyed learning about new technologies and was a big fan of the Star Trek sagas. In 2000 Fox moved to TX going into the IT and Computer business. He met Susan on Dec 22, 2001 and they were married one year and 9 days later on Jan 1, 2003. He became the “bonus dad” to Ashly and Brook and “Happy” to Addy Mae DeVries Preceded in death by his parents and his son David. Survived by his brother Robert Poole and wife Karen, daughter Crystal and son Robert, wife Susan and 5 grandchildren. For the last 8 years, Fox worked in Kingwood and has become a large part of the community greeting everyone by name. He loved his job and the people he met. He was an avid supporter of his church families at FBC Plum Grove and Calvary Christian Fellowship. He loved to serve as a teacher for kids, teens and adults. He created trivia games and strove to make learning fun. He wanted to share the knowledge of Christ to everyone in any means possible. Fox was a poet, a lover of words. If you were the recipient of his personalized poems, know he wrote each one especially for you.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
Darst Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference