Matthew Dunnachie, 95 years old, passed away peacefully on Sunday, July 21, 2019. He was born March 28, 1924 in Glasgow, Scotland, and was a resident of Kingwood for the last 25 years. He was married to Sybil Beggs for 63 years before her death in 2017. Matthew was a mechanical engineer in the British Royal Navy and was a ship surveyor until he retired in 1993. He is the son of the late Matthew Dunnachie and Marion Stewart of Glasgow, Scotland, and is preceded in death by his three sisters Margaret Jane, Elizabeth Mundy and Marion Stewart. Matthew is survived by his two daughters Elaine Kramer and her husband Ricardo of Kingwood, Fiona Hopwood and her husband Clive of Antwerp, Belgium, and his son Mark D. Dunnachie and his wife Jacqueline of Gouvieux, France. He also had six grandchildren Kimberley, Bradley, Bryony, Olivia, William and Maximilien, and was fortunate to meet his great grandson, Cayden. Matthew had a great sense of humor telling jokes to anyone he met. He also enjoyed oil painting, gardening, golf and a good whiskey or cognac. The family would also like to thank Visiting Angels and Living Waters Hospice Care for their kindness and care. Memorial donations may be made to The Houston Museum of Fine Arts.
To express your sympathy with a flower arrangement please contact our florist.
Darst Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Darst Funeral Home
796 Russell Palmer Road
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- Aria Funeral Home Northwest Highway
10116 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, Texas 75238
- Aria Funeral Home Preston Road
19310 Preston Rd
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Aria Funeral Home Irving
1820 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, Texas 75061
- Fannin Memorial Gardns
2038 S. Highway 121
Bonham, Texas 75418
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in Houston Metroplex
- Hospitals in Houston Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
2 thoughts on “Dunnachie, Matthew”
Mrs Elaine I am so sorry for your loss mr Matthew was a awesome man he will be truly missed remember there was not one day went by he didn’t call y’all name he loved y’all truly and I am thankful that I got a chance to work for a amazing man
Elaine, Fiona and Mark: we are so sooy for your loss. Your father was one of the nicest person we have met. It was our honor and pleasure to meet such a fun loving and Caring person. He will be miss. Maria and Larry DeBolt.
PS. We just saw the announcement today. I an sorry it was so late.